St Aloysius’ Church is not owned by the College, however, features prominently in the religious life of our pupils and staff during their time here, with assemblies and College masses held here on a weekly basis.
Officially opened in 1910, the beautiful and ornate church replaced a far less glamorous “temporary church” which stood on the site from 1866.
The current Italian Renaissance building features a large pillared campanile and red sandstone transept facades.
However, inside is perhaps what makes this building one of the most impressive and beautiful in the City. With marble and Venetian mosaics throughout, the church has a High Altar and stained glass cupola with the entire ceiling above the High Altar clad in mosaics, depicting The Last Supper.